The Brentwood Way – ‘Seek with Purpose’
The Brentwood Way is the guiding principle of our school culture and tone. Brentwood is a safe, happy and positive school, where all members of our community, staff, students and parents feel valued, listened to and supported to be their best.
Respect, Caring, Responsibility, Excellence and Honesty are our cornerstone virtues.
Respect – We show respect by speaking and acting with courtesy. When we are respectful we treat others as we want to be treated. We honour the rules of the family, school and our country.
Caring – When we care about people, we help them. We do a careful job, giving our very best effort. We treat people and things gently and respectfully. Caring makes the world a safer place.
Responsibility – Being responsible means others can trust us to do things with excellence. We accept responsibility for our actions. When we make a mistake, we offer amends instead of excuses. Responsibility is the ability to respond ably and to make smart choices.
Excellence – Excellence is doing our best in everything we do; in the tasks we complete and in the way we build relationships with people. It is a desire for perfection. Excellence is a key to success.
Honesty – Being HONEST is being open, trustworthy and truthful. When we are honest, we can be relied on not to lie. Honesty is telling the truth. It is admitting mistakes even when we know someone might be angry or disappointed. Being honest means that we don’t pretend to be something we are not. Honesty is important because it builds trust.
Our School Vision is:
- We set standards of excellence and strive to achieve them as individuals and as members of our learning community so that we are equipped to effectively deal with the opportunities and challenges we will encounter in our lives.
- We are encouraged to be enthusiastic about learning and teaching, in a safe and supportive environment.
- We are an inclusive school and recognise the unique potential of all students and are dedicated to achieving the best possible outcomes for each of them.
- Our relationships are based on mutual trust and respect and we accept responsibility for our actions.
- We support and respect our environment through reduce, re-use and recycle practices.
- We have a highly motivated and capable staff, who feel valued and supported by the school community.