The Western Australian Curriculum: Languages aims to develop the knowledge, understanding and skills to ensure that students:
- communicate in the target language
- extend their literacy repertoires
- understand language, culture, learning and their relationship, and thereby develop an intercultural capability in communication
- develop understanding of and respect for diversity and difference, and an openness to different experiences and perspectives
- develop an understanding of how culture shapes worldviews and extend their understanding of themselves, their own heritage, values, culture and identity
- strengthen their intellectual, analytical and reflective capabilities, and enhance their creative and critical thinking skills
- understand themselves as communicators.
Visit School Curriculum and Standards Authority ‘Languages‘ here.